Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Sunday, December 18, 2005 | , , | 1 comments »

Cookies are my specialty... oatmeal cookies were the first cookies I learned how to bake (well). I used to mix and match different recipes in an attempt to be creative… some of those experiments didn’t turn out so well, but a few actually led me to some great cookie ideas…


Nick asked me to make him some oatmeal cookies this weekend… this is a basic recipe that I found a few years ago from Epicurious.com… Normally I like adding chocolate chips or toffee chips in to the recipe, but this time I kept it simple, and only put in raisins…

INGREDIENTS:
1 ¼ cup oats
1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1 cup raisins

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl.
3. Add in oats.
4. Add in flour, salt and baking soda.
5. Add in raisins.
6. Beat the mixture well.
7. Drop 1-1 ½ inch teaspoons on to a greased cookie sheet.
8. Bake 10-12 minutes.
9. Let cookies cook before lifting off with baking spatula.

Makes about 36 cookies.


, , , , , ,

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // Wednesday, May 10, 2006  

    How much butter does this recipe need