Apple Crisp

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 | , | 0 comments »

Over the years I’ve experimented with various recipes for apple crisp. I love apples, and I find that apple crisp is much simpler to make than apple pie because you don’t have to fuss over any type of crust. Tonight, I decided to use the leftover apple slices that I had from my lunch, and whip together a quick little apple crisp dessert for my sister, Valina, and me. The recipe that I have here was adapted from a combination of different recipes that I’ve worked with in the past.

INGREDIENTS:
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup quick oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup thinly sliced apples

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In a large bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, and brown sugar.

3. Cut butter into mixture until crumbly.

4. Take half of the mixture and pat it into the bottom of a baking dish.

5. Lay apple slices on top of the mixture and then sprinkle the other half of the mixture on top of the apple slices.

6. Drizzle two tablespoons of milk all over the top of the crumbs.

7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until apples are tender.

Serves 4


, , , , , ,

0 comments