Savory Beer Duck!
Beer Duck with White Rice and Green Beans

Last Sunday, the girls and I had a cooking night topped off with some Desperate Housewives! This recipe for Beer Duck that Katherine got from her mom was really delicious!! Instead of duck, however, we decided to use chicken, and instead of a whole chicken, we actually substituted chicken breasts. The results were mouth-watering!

Beer Duck
INGREDIENTS:
1 duck
1/3 cup of light soy sauce
1/3 cup of dark soy sauce
1 oz. beer
2/3 cup of sugar
2-3 small pieces of ginger
2/3 cup of water

DIRECTIONS:
1. Set oven to 350 degrees
2. Line a baking dish or tray with foil
3. Mix light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, beer, sugar and water in a bowl
4. Marinate duck in mixture for ½ hour – 1 hour
5. Bake duck in oven for ½ hour
6. Flip duck over after ½ hour, and bake on the other side for another ½ hour

Recipe adopted from ECCFC


, , , , ,

2 comments

  1. Anonymous // Tuesday, November 29, 2005  

    Only one ounce of beer? Does it contribute a strong flavor? I'm all for cooking with beer, but I think sometimes I might pour too much into the pot.

    I like the idea of using chicken instead of duck. My last couple experiences with duck have been fatty to the point where I almost couldn't eat it.

  2. Nathasha // Wednesday, November 30, 2005  

    The flavor of the beer in this particular recipe is not very strong because it is used as part of a marinade. I often feel that I am adding too much beer/wine in some recipes also... I think it's okay depending on what you are making though. This website might be helpful to you: www.beercook.com